John Montes is a Licensed Acupuncturist, Bodyworker & Healer in the San Francisco Bay Area. He has always been imbued with the desire to help others and after years of doing so from the standpoint of office jobs in Social Services and Research, he realized that he was ready for a change to a more hands-on approach.
Originally from Puerto Rico, John believes that a person is not just the sum of their body parts. For this reason he has been committed to integrate health systems that can address ailments from a physiological standpoint but also taking into consideration the psycho-spiritual aspects that may arise with such problems. His treatments are grounded to soul of Caribbean Espiritismo Shamanic practices with more systematic and anatomically based approaches to Manual Therapy and Bodywork, profession that he's been honing for more than a decade. His practice is deepened by also integrating Acupuncture and Herbalism, making his approach very profound and comprehensive. The combination of all these systems makes his practice an incredible vehicle for healing as it combines the medical wisdom of thousands of years with the benefits of scientific medical research.
John is currently pursuing a Post-Graduate Clinical Doctorate in Acupuncture with a focus on Pain Management and Mental Health at California Institute of Integral Studies in San Francisco.
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences - University of Puerto Rico at Mayagüez.
- Therapeutic Massage Certification - Puerto Rico Massage and Bodywork Institute
- Reiki Master - Puerto Rico Massage and Bodywork Institute
- Advanced Studies in Cadaver Anatomy - Southern California University of Health Sciences
- Shiatsu Therapy Certification - American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Master of Science of Traditional Chinese Medicine - American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine - California Institute of Integral Studies (currently pursuing).